Skip to content


  • What is the fee to see a financial planner?

    This can vary depending on what you want guidance on, and the extent of your plan.

    For more information, please see our dedicated financial planning section. 

  • I have received a cheque in a foreign currency - what can I do?

    Our foreign cheque deposit conversion service is a convenient way to receive payment by foreign currency cheques. Funds are held in your account and usually become available to access after 30 business days.

  • Can Credit Union SA help me regarding wills and estates?

    Credit Union SA is proud to partner with local South Australian law firm Wallmans Lawyers to offer members a discounted offer for wills and estate planning services. 

    Wallmans Lawyers have a dedicated estate planning section which assists clients with wills, Powers of Attorney and Advance Care Directives (previously known as Powers of Guardianship) as well as general succession planning, taxation and superannuation issues.

    It's just another way that Credit Union SA is helping our members to protect their assets.

    Find out more

  • What is a Telegraphic Transfer (TT)?

    A Telegraphic Transfer (TT) is an electronic transfer of funds directly credited to an overseas bank account. Credit Union SA offers a choice of more than 130 currencies and the ability to send a TT online.  

    Please note that TTs are sent via a network of correspondent banks, which sometimes levy a small handling charge on your payment. Any such fees are out of Credit Union SA and Western Union Business Solutions’ control. Given that a network of banks is used to complete your telegraphic transfer, the time it takes for your payment to be credited cannot be guaranteed.

    Find out more

  • Where do I refer financial planning questions?

    Credit Union SA works with Bridges Financial Services to deliver superior financial planning services. 

    Bridges Financial Services is Australian-owned and one of Australia's largest financial planning and stockbroking firms. Bridges has served credit union members and other clients for many years from offices all over Australia, and can assist Credit Union SA members with all if their financial planning needs.

  • Does Credit Union SA offer conveyancing services?

    Credit Union SA can refer you to two of the best conveyancers in the business - SAIT Conveyancers and Alexander - Botten & Associates. Both are highly experienced operators and provide a quality service we're proud to recommend. What's more, they offer Credit Union SA members:

    • Generous discounts on their fees;
    • Free advice on any real estate matter;
    • Convenient access in the Adelaide CBD

    Find out more.

  • Do you have a travel card?

    You don’t need one! Our Credit Union SA Visa Credit Card, Visa Debit Card and rediCARD plus can be used overseas, so there is no need for a separate travel card. It includes no ATM withdrawal fees* as well as having the convenience of access to your internet banking and mobile app whilst travelling the globe. You can even order an additional card specifically for your travels, completely free of charge! Find out where your card will be accepted with this Global ATM locator.

    *While no transaction fees are charged by us, a fee may be charged by the ATM operator if transactions are performed using an ATM that is not part of the national network of rediATMs. Other fees and charges may apply. Lending criteria, fees, terms and conditions apply and are available upon request.

  • What is retirement planning?

    Retirement planning is the planning one does to be prepared for life after paid work ends, not just financially but in all aspects of life. The non-financial aspects may include lifestyle choices as how to spend time in retirement, where to live or when to completely quit working.

    Financial planners or advisers can help you develop retirement plans with the goal of achieve financial independence after paid work is complete.

  • How do I organise cash or travellers cheques for overseas?

    Credit Union SA can provide a number of different currencies, as well as advising you on the wisest choice for your particular destination. To order currency, just drop in to a branch or call us on 8202 7777 and we will have it ready for you in 3-4 working days. Credit Union SA do not issue travellers cheques.

  • What is an inward telegraphic transfer?

    An inward telegraphic transfer is a direct credit of funds to your account from an overseas bank. All you have to do to set up an inward telegraphic transfer is access this link, complete your details and send the instructions to the sender overseas.

Let's Chat