The credit union difference
We help South Australians do more with their money, while proudly complying with the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice. At Credit Union SA, we offer all the same services as a bank but with one very important difference - our highest priorities are our members and our community.
We are a member owned organisation, so it is our members – everyone who banks with us – who collectively own us. Consequently, it’s them, their families and communities who are our top priority. We channel our profits back to:
- our account and loan holders (members) in the form of lower fees, competitive interest rates, enhanced digital banking solutions and improved customer service; and
- their local communities, through funding of various South Australian community development activities and initiatives, particularly in the education sector.
Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice
Credit Union SA proudly complies with the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice (the Code).
Created by the Customer Owned Banking Association (COBA), representing Australia’s mutual banks and building societies, credit unions and other mutual Authorised Deposit-Taking Institutions (ADIs), the Code clearly sets out your rights as a customer and our responsibilities as your financial institution.
The commitment it requires of us, and which we willingly make, can be summarised as follows.
- be fair and ethical in our dealings with you
- focus on our customers
- give you clear information about products and services
- be responsible lenders
- deliver high customer service and standards
- deal fairly with any complaints
- recognise our customers’ rights as owners
- comply with our legal and industry obligations
- recognise our impact on the wider community
- support and promote the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice.