Which cards can I load to Samsung Pay?
Which Samsung devices are compatible with Samsung Pay?
For a list of compatible Samsung devices, visit www.samsung.com/au/apps/samsungpay
Where can I use Samsung Pay?
Near Field Communication (NFC) and Magnetic Secure Transaction (MST) support means that Samsung Pay is accepted virtually anywhere you can pay by tapping or swiping your credit card. MST technology means Samsung Pay can be used almost everywhere around the globe.
Is there a transaction limit when using Samsung Pay?
Yes, the transaction limits that apply to Samsung Pay are the same as your Credit Union SA Visa debit or credit card. For transaction over $100 you will be asked to enter your card PIN in to the retailer's terminal.
Is Samsung Pay secure?
Samsung Pay uses Tokenization, a Secure Environment, and Samsung KNOX to secure your payment information. Additionally, you verify either using your fingerprint, Iris scanner (Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ devices only) or a 4-digit PIN when making purchases.
For more details on Samsung Pay security features visit www.samsung.com/au/apps/samsungpay
What should I do if my device is lost or stolen?
If your device is lost or stolen, you can use Samsung’s Find My Mobile service to remotely Lock or Wipe your device (also Locking or Wiping Samsung Pay and all the payment cards registered in it).
If you just want to suspend your Credit Union SA Visa debit or credit card temporarily, login to Samsung Find My Mobile service and suspend your card. Please note your physical Credit Union SA Visa debit or credit card can continue to be used.
How do I load a card to Samsung Pay?
- From the Home screen, touch Apps.
- Touch Samsung Pay.
- Touch ADD or, if this is the first payment card being added, touch Add a credit card or debit card.
- Align your card inside the frame to automatically detect the card number and expiration date.
Note: Touch Enter card manually if your device cannot detect the card information.
- Please verify the information captured by the camera.
- Enter the remaining information and touch NEXT.
- Review the terms and conditions, and then touch AGREE TO ALL.
- If necessary, select a method to authenticate your identity using a one-time password (OTP) or by calling us on 8202 7777.
- Enter your signature like you would sign on the back of your card and touch SAVE.
Note: If you are unsatisfied with your signature, touch Retry to sign again.
- Touch DONE to complete the process.
- After your card is added to Samsung Pay, it will be verified by Visa and Credit Union SA. On average, verification will take approximately 5 to 10 minutes. During that time, you will be unable to use your card in Samsung Pay.
Note: You can continue to add cards while others are being verified.
- After the card is verified, it can be used immediately to make a purchase.
How do I make payment in stores with a compatible Samsung smartphone?
- Initiate Samsung Pay by either swiping-up from the home button or opening the Samsung Pay app from the home screen.
- Select your Credit Union SA Visa debit or credit card by swiping left or right.
- Verify your fingerprint and touch your phone to either the card reader or NFC reader to complete the transaction. Alternatively, enter your 4-digit Samsung Pay PIN if you have chosen not to use the fingerprint feature. If you have a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ smartphone you can authorize the payment using the Iris scanner.
Please note that you must wait until the verification is over before touching your phone to the reader or an error might occur.
How many payment cards can I register into Samsung Pay?
You can register up to 10 payment cards into Samsung Pay.
How many loyalty cards can I register into Samsung Pay?
You can add as many loyalty cards as you want; however, only a total of 12 cards (loyalty, debit and credit cards) can be displayed by Samsung Pay when using Simple Pay. You may select which debit, credit and loyalty cards you would like to access with Simple Pay by selecting More, Settings, Edit Simple Pay.
How do I return an item purchased with Samsung Pay in stores?
All purchases made with Samsung Pay can be returned according to the store's policies. If you return an item paid for with Samsung Pay, the store may require you to tap your phone onto either the card reader or the NFC reader to complete the return.
How is my default card determined in Samsung Pay?
There is not a default card in Samsung Pay. When you open the app or activate the Simple Pay feature by swiping up from the Home Key on supported screens, the first card displayed is either the last card you registered or the last card you viewed or used.
What should I do if my card is lost or stolen?
You should contact us straight away on 8202 7777 (business hours) or the 24-Hour Card Hotline on 1800 648 027 (outside of business hours) to notify us of your lost or stolen card so it can be cancelled and no further purchases made. You should also delete the lost or stolen card from Samsung Pay.
- Open Samsung Pay and select the card you want to delete.
- Tap Delete card from the More menu.
- Confirm deletion by verifying with your fingerprint.
How do I make payment in stores with a compatible Samsung Gear smartwatch?
- After putting on your Gear smartwatch, you will be prompted to enter PIN once to authenticate the device. Samsung Pay on Gear needs to be authenticated each time the Gear smartwatch is put on and requires a periodic connection to a compatible smartphone with Samsung Pay and internet access.
- Press and hold the Back button to launch Samsung Pay.
- The last card used or latest card added will be shown. You can select the card you want to pay by swiping left or right, or by rotating the bezel to select card.
- Tap on the Pay button to make payment. 5. Place the top crown of your Gear smartwatch near the NFC or MST area to pay.