How do I log onto Internet Banking?
To use Internet Banking, select the LOGIN button located in the top right hand corner of the Credit Union SA website.
Enter your member number and Internet Banking password in the spaces provided. Your member number can be found on the bottom left hand corner of your card.
The first time you use Internet Banking you will be prompted to change your password and accept the terms and conditions of use.
If you have forgotten your password and have a mobile number registered against your membership select the ‘Forgot Password’ link on the Internet Banking Log In screen. Alternatively, call the Member Contact Centre on 8202 7777.
How do I register for Internet Banking?
You can register for Internet Banking by calling our Member Contact Centre or by visiting your nearest branch. You will be given a default password at the time.
Once Internet Banking has been set up on your membership you will receive a letter advising you that you need to ring 8202 7777 to obtain your default password.
Your default password will allow you to log into your Internet Banking via the Internet Banking log on button, located on the right hand corner of every page of this website.
For security reasons, the first time you log on you’ll be required to change the Password we gave you. This will need to be between eight and sixteen characters long. It’s imperative that you protect this password. Credit Union SA staff will never ask you for it, and you shouldn’t reveal it to anyone else either.
Learn more about Internet Banking security.
How do I increase my daily limits in Internet Banking?
This can not be done via Internet Banking. You will need to call the Member Contact Centre on 8202 7777.
How do I access Internet Banking if I have been locked out or forgotten my password?
If you’ve forgotten your Internet Banking password, simply click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link under the Login button on the Internet Banking Login page and follow the prompts.
Note: to use this service, you must have a mobile number or VIP device already established on your membership. If you have not set this up call us on 8202 7777.
How do I know what browser I am on?
To find out what browser you are currently on, just visit Google's whatbrowser.org website.
What is VIP Security and Tokens?
VIP (VeriSign Identity Protection) Security is the highest level of security we offer for Internet Banking.
You must register for VIP Security if you wish to permanently increase your limits for transfers to other financial institutions, and/or BPAY payments made through Internet Banking.
VIP Security provides an additional layer of security to help protect you from unauthorised use of your accounts via Internet Banking and is made up of the following two options:
• VIP Access for Mobile; and
• VIP Security Token.
These options are referred to as VIP Security credentials. Both credentials generate secure one-time codes that can be used to authorise restricted transactions and protected functions in Internet Banking.
You must have either VIP Access for Mobile or a VIP Security Token to register for VIP Security.
VIP Access for Mobile is a free application that you can download from vipmobile.verisign.com to your mobile phone. VIP Access may not be available for some mobile phone brands or models. After downloading VIP Access for Mobile, your mobile phone can generate a secure one-time code.
VIP Security Tokens are devices that generate secure one-time codes. You can obtain a VIP Security Token from us. Alternatively, if you have an existing VIP Security Token issued by someone other than us, such as an online merchant or another financial institution, you may be able to register the token for use with us, providing it is a VIP Token.
You must register your VIP Security credential (VIP Access for Mobile or Token) via Internet Banking. A VIP Security credential can be registered against more than one Credit Union SA membership.
How do I update my browser?
Your web browser is the tool you use to view websites on the internet. There are a number of browsers available, with the most popular being Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. It’s strongly advisable to use the most up to date browser version to get the best and most secure browsing experience.
If you need help accessing your browser settings we've provided links to the main browser websites below. Please note that in some cases your browser version may be different from that in the links and you may need to search the relevant browser site for more specific instructions.
It’s strongly advisable to use the most up to date browser version to get the best and most secure browsing experience.
Older browsers are not supported and therefore should not be used to conduct your online banking.
A browser is the program on your computer that you use to visit websites and use web applications. It does not cost anything to update, and can be done in just a few minutes from the comfort of home or work.
To find out what browser you are currently on just visit Google's whatbrowser.org website.
If you need to upgrade, simply hit on the link below that relates to your browser, follow the instructions and you’ll have updated your browser in a flash:
How do I stop my browser from saving my Internet Banking password?
Some recent browser updates mean that you may now be prompted to save your Internet Banking password when logging onto Internet Banking.
If you have saved your Internet Banking password and would like to clear your saved password data, or disable the feature completely, you can do this through your browser settings.
For security reasons, we recommend you never use this feature to store your Internet Banking password. This is of particular importance when using a public or shared computer as someone else could access your personal information without your knowledge.
What is Two-factor Authentication (2FA)?
Two-factor Authentication (also known as 2FA) is a requirement for Internet Banking- It is a two step authentication process which adds another layer of security to your transactions. A unique code will be sent to your phone, or can be read from a VIP token, then entered into the relevant space where requested.
Two-factor Authentication will only need to be completed once in an Internet Banking Session.
You can register for 'VIP security' in Internet Banking under the Security menu.
Read more about Two-factor Authentication on the Stay Smart Online website.
Why should I update my browser?
If your browser is outdated, the operating system you are working with:
- may put the security of your online activity at risk
- may have bugs and limitations that may create problems when you use various websites
- may make websites harder or slower to use.
- may not give you the optimum user experience.
Find out how to update your browser.
Why should I use Internet Banking?
- It is secure and safe - Credit Union SA is committed to keeping you safe while transacting with us online. Industry standard encryption ensures you can feel confident in our technology and processes.
- It saves time - Pay bills, transfer funds, make a telegraphic transfer anytime, anywhere
- Convenient 24/7 banking - Out for dinner with friends and need to check your balance or transfer funds? Access your accounts quickly and easily from your smartphone.
- More helpful - With a ‘Transaction List Search‘ facility to enable you to find specific transactions quickly and easily. Far less frustrating than scrolling through your statements!
- Forgot your password? - Now you can simply yet safely reset it via the secure ‘Forgot Password’ facility.
What is BPAY?
BPAY is one of the most convenient, cost-effective and time-saving ways to pay your bills. It allows you to make payments to over 30,000 billers, and can be accessed through either your Internet or phone banking and Mobile Banking App.
To use BPAY, follow these simple steps:
- Find the BPAY logo on your bill. Next to it will be the Biller Code and your Customer Reference Number
- Log in to Credit Union SA's Internet Banking or call our Phone Banking service on 1300 134 636
- Select the BPAY menu option and follow the simple instructions to pay your bill
- Record your receipt number.
What is Internet Banking?
With the convenience of being able to manage your money at any time online, internet banking is the facility that allows you to do this.
- Check balances and transaction histories
- View statements
- Transfer funds and manage auto transfers
- Pay bills with BPAY
- View your payroll details and interest earned
- Apply for a loan, credit card or an online savings account
- Update your contact details and much more.
Talk to us today about setting you up with Internet Banking on 8202 7777.
How do I update my contact details in Internet Banking?
You can view and update your address and contact details by selecting the ‘Settings’ tab at the top of the screen and then ‘Contact details’, ‘Address details’ or ‘Employer details' depending on what you want to update from the drop down menu. Then simply follow the prompts.
How do I update my mobile or landline number in Internet Banking?
Do I have to register for Internet Banking to be able to use the Mobile App?
Yes, to enable you to use the Credit Union SA Mobile Banking App, you need to register for Internet Banking first.
What are email receipts?
Members have the option of receiving email receipts confirming a range of internet banking transactions including:
- Transfers to other accounts within your membership
- Transfers to other Credit Union SA members’ accounts
- Transfers to another financial institution
- Cheque payments
- Loan Redraws
- Business Banking Transactions
- International transfers.
Besides being another form of record keeping, email receipts have the potential to alert you to unauthorised activity on their accounts, thereby enabling you to take appropriate actions.
What is phone banking?
Through our 24-hour Phone Banking service, you can quickly manage your finances without even leaving your couch.
Phone 1300 134 636 from anywhere in Australia with your Credit Union SA membership number and Phone Banking Access Code and you are able to:
- Check all your account balances
- Transfer funds between accounts under the same Credit Union SA membership number
- Transfer funds to another Credit Union SA member’s account
- Pay bills using BPAY
- Check the last 10 transactions on any of your accounts
- Check interest details for the current and previous tax years.
Setting up Phone Banking account is quick and easy. Either:
What is Secure Mail?
Secure Mail in Internet Banking allows you to send and receive secure messages to and from Credit Union SA. And because you can only access Secure Mail by logging in to Internet Banking, we can provide detailed account and membership information in our responses to you.
How do I send a message in Secure Mail?
To send a message in Secure Mail click Compose to open the Compose new message page.
Under the To field select an enquiry type from the drop down list, enter a relevant subject in the subject field, and then type your message in the Body field below.
When you’re finished click Send at the bottom of the page to send your message to Credit Union SA.
We will respond to your message by the next business day.
Why would I send Credit Union SA a message by Secure Mail?
How do I access Secure Mail?
How does Secure Mail work?
Secure Mail works the same as any other email service. The Inbox displays all your received messages, and you can send new messages to Credit Union SA by clicking on Compose. We will inform you when you have a message waiting for you in Secure Mail by sending a notification to the ‘Home’ email address you have provided in Internet Banking.
How do I complete an International Transfer (Telegraphic Transfer) in Internet Banking or the Mobile Banking App?
- Login to Internet Banking
- If you wish to receive email notifications for International Transfers, please ensure you’ve entered a valid email address and you have ‘Telegraphic Transfer’ ticked on the Notifications page. You can do this by selecting the ‘Settings’ tab at the top of the page and ‘Notifications & Receipts’ from the drop down menu and confirming these details.
- To complete an International transfer select the ‘Payments’ tab from the top of the page and then ‘International Transfers’ from the drop down menu.
- Enter your Factor 2 Authentication or Secured sms validation if prompted.
- Select the country you wish to send money to and the desired currency from the currency dropdown list. Enter the amount you wish to send (either the foreign currency amount or AUD equivalent). Click on ‘Request Quote.’
- Please ensure you review the quote to check that all the details are correct. If you are happy, click ‘Next’, alternatively change the payment details and click ‘Request Quote’. Once you’ve selected ‘Request Quote’ the quote will be displayed.
- Complete the payment details. Please ensure all required fields are complete and then click ‘Next’.
- The payment details will then be displayed.
- Please review the information and if correct, click ‘Update Quote’ or if any details need to be amended click ‘Back’, make the necessary changes and re-submit. Once you’ve selected ‘Update Quote’ click on ‘Confirm’ within 45 seconds, otherwise your quote will expire.
- If you’ve opted to receive notifications an email will be sent to your nominated email address containing the key transfer details.
Mobile Banking App
- Login to your Mobile Banking App
- Select 'International' from the left hand side menu
- Enter the transaction details and follow the arrow icon
- Follow the steps until the transaction has been completed