Conditional pre-approval for your home loan
Before you start looking for your first home, next home, or investment property, it’s a good idea to apply for conditional pre-approval.
They give you a clear understanding of how much you can afford to borrow so you won’t waste time looking at unattainable properties.
Credit Union SA’s pre-approvals cost you nothing, are obligation free, and give you a clear understanding of how much you can afford to borrow so you won’t waste time looking at unattainable properties.
Unconditional approval is when you have found your dream home or investment property and we verify your financial situation and all other loan conditions so you can make an offer to buy the property or bid at auction.
For us to provide you with pre-approval you’ll need to supply us with some details, including but not limited to:
- Proof of identification: photographic driver’s licence or passport.
- Proof of income: payslips or financial statements.
- Details of any current debt: credit card and/or loan statements.
- An idea of your living expenses: bills, memberships, groceries.
- Copies of your most recent transaction and savings account statements.
- We will also perform a credit check.
Once all requirements have been met, pre-approval normally takes 24 to 48 hours.
This is general advice only and doesn’t take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Conditions, fees and lending criteria apply and are available on request.