Internet and Phone Banking
To login to Internet Banking, just click on the red LOGIN button or padlock (for mobile devices) in the top right hand corner of your screen.
Internet Banking allows you to:
- check balances
- view your transaction history
- view your statements
- transfer funds
- pay bills with BPAY
- change your PIN
- view your payroll details and interest earned
- manage auto transfers
- apply for a credit card
- apply for a Netsave Account
- update your details
- report a lost or stolen card
- register for eStatements.
Just ensure you have your Credit Union SA membership number and Phone Banking access code handy.
Phone Banking allows you to:
- 24hr access when you call us on 1300 134 636
- check all your account balances
- transfer funds between accounts under the same Credit Union SA membership number
- transfer funds to another Credit Union SA member’s account
- pay bills using BPAY
- check the last 10 transactions on any of your accounts
- check total interest receipts for the current and previous tax years.
How to register
- You can register for Internet Banking by calling our Member Contact Centre or by visiting your nearest branch. You will be given a default password at the time.
- Alternatively, you can complete the New Accounts and Access Services form and return to one of our branches.
- Once Internet Banking has been set up on your membership you will receive a letter advising you that you need to ring 8202 7777 to obtain your default password.
- Your default password will allow you to log onto Internet Banking via the red Internet Banking LOGIN button, located on the right hand corner of the website.
For security reasons, the first time you log on you’ll be required to change the Password we gave you. This will need to be between eight and sixteen characters long. It’s imperative that you protect this password. Credit Union SA staff will never ask you for it, and you shouldn’t reveal it to anyone else either. Learn more about Internet Banking security.