Mutual Banking Code of Practice
Hands on hearts.
When you enter into a relationship with us as a Member of Credit Union SA, you can be sure that you'll be treated with care and respect at all times. In fact, you'll have it in writing.
We proudly support and comply with the Mutual Banking Code of Practice (the Code), developed for Australian credit unions and building societies by industry body Abacus – Australian Mutuals. The Code clearly sets out both your rights as a Member and our responsibilities as your financial institution in relation to service, advice and charges.
It can be summarised by 10 key promises that all accredited credit unions and mutual building societies must adhere to:
- We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you
- We will focus on our Members
- We will give you clear information about products and services
- We will be responsible lenders
- We will deliver high customer service and standards
- We will deal fairly with any complaints
- We will recognise Member rights as owners
- We will comply with our legal and industry obligations
- We will recognise our impact on the wider community
- We will support and promote this Mutual Banking Code of Practice.
To download a copy of the Code in full, click here.