Good governance a given.
Credit Union SA's Board of Directors are responsible for the overall management and strategic direction of the credit union.
Comprised of high-performing individuals with a diverse range of backgrounds, talents and financial skills, the Credit Union SA Board currently includes: (click on their names for a short bio)
- Alexandrea Cannon Chair
- MBA, B. Bus, GAICD Alexandrea is an accomplished businesswoman with 30 years experience in the field of Human Resource Management. She has held several senior positions with some of Australia’s largest blue chip companies, including Coca Cola Amatil and Lion Nathan, and is now consulting in the private sector. In addition to being Chair of Credit Union SA, Alexandrea is also a board member of the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust and trustee of Country Arts SA.
- Colin Butterick Director
- MBA, DipHRM During Colin’s 23 years with Powerstate, Colin’s contribution was significant. This is evidenced by years of record loan fundings, deposits & profits, achieved in a highly competitive and challenging market during his time as CEO. However it is perhaps the extremely high levels of member satisfaction and staff satisfaction consistently achieved under Colin’s leadership, which best encapsulates his achievements.
- Nick Kingsley Director
- M. Ed. (Admin), Grad. Dip Ed. (Admin), Grad. Dip Theol. (Ed.), Dip. T (Prim), Cert.Dis.Man, GAICD, FAICD, FAMI Nick has experience spanning 40 years in the education field, and over the last 30 years has held many and varied Senior Management positions. These include positions as Senior Education Advisor, various School Principal roles, and Company Director. Nick enjoys spending time with his family, travelling and spending time anywhere near the sea.
- Carolyn Mitchell Director
- LLB, GDLP, GAICD Carolyn has over 25 years experience as a commercial lawyer. From 2001 to 2009 Carolyn was the Managing Partner of Cowell Clarke Commercial Lawyers. Carolyn now practices as a Consultant with the firm, works as an executive coach both within the practice and for business owners and CEO's in Adelaide, and she sits as a non-executive director on a number of Adelaide companies. Carolyn is the mother of two school-aged boys, an avid arts enthusiast and a passionate Port Power supporter.
- Sally Paterson Director
- BA (Hons), Dip Ed, Grad. Dip Professional Development, Master Policy & Administration Sally recently retired as the Deputy Principal of Urrbrae Agricultural High School, and has played a pivotal role on the Credit Union SA board over the last 15 years. Knowledge and lifelong learning is of paramount importance to Sally, as evidenced by her academic career to date. Sally will continue to serve as a passionate ambassador of Credit Union SA's 'knowledge counts' philosophy.
- Nicolle Rantanen Director
- Masters Commercial Law, Masters Business Administration, CPA Nicolle is the General Manager, Finance, Systems and Operations at StatewideSuper, a private sector not for profit industry superannuation fund and previously held the position of Director, Strategy & Member Services at SuperSA. With qualifications including: a Masters in Commercial Law, a Masters in Business Administration and holding the position of a Certified Practising Accountant (Fellow), Nicolle brings a strong background in Finance and Governance to the Credit Union SA board.
- Robert Shannahan Director
- BA (Acct) Having been a member of the Powerstate board for over 21 years, Robert also brings a wealth of experience to the Credit Union SA board. In his current role as Senior Regulatory Officer with the Essential Services Commission of South Australia, along with his background in accounting, Robert has the necessary skill set to serve the Credit Union well.